Provide leadership and direction for programs funded by federal, state, and private funds; oversee the financial administration of federal, state and private grants; ensure that program staff accomplish their approved program initiatives and that Edna Martin Christian Center meets compliance and reporting requirements. Assist in the budget development process and perform budget analysis duties as assigned by the Vice President of Finance.
- Ensure compliance with rules and regulations administered by the grantor; oversee special audit conducted by grantor.
- Perform functions of financial administration and reporting to include, but not limited to: preparation and timely submission of grant applications and reports, development and adjustment of associated budgets, coordination of budgeted funds, screening and processing requests for expenditures and ensuring the timely application for reimbursement from the grantor.
- Service as a liaison with Directors and other departments on issues regarding grants.
- Monitor interventions and programs funded by grants to ensure compliance with grantor guidelines.
- Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant applications, application amendments, and budget transfers.
- Reconcile grants monthly and submit to the Vice President of Finance.
- Assist in annual audit grant reconciliations.
- Lead monthly meetings with the Project Directors of the grants assigned.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, annual or other reports required by the grantors.
- Process all AP invoices for payment and cut checks as directed by the Vice President of Finance.
- Process all AR payments, including childcare payments.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of grant processes including accounting and financial reporting. Proficient in the use of financial management software to include spreadsheets and databases, required. Ability to interpret complex grant funding requirements, submissions, and budget projections; ability to interpret federal, state, and local government laws and regulations regarding grant administration; ability to review the work of others to ensure conformance to standards; ability to communicate effectively across a broad spectrum of staff, both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in accounting or finance and previous experience in grants financial management, finance, accounting, and/or auditing.
To apply, send your résumé to Vice President of Finance Amy Greene