Food Resource Network
Martindale-Brightwood Food Resource Network (MBFRN)
The MBFRN supports a network of local growing centers that offer fresh, healthy, affordable food to MB residents. The Network will cast a larger net to include regional entities to achieve greater sustainability, outreach, education, and impact.
- Launch the 2-acre Henry Blair Farm
- Support existing community gardens and launch 4 more.
- Connect all growing centers with local organizations, groceries, churches, youth programs, and food pantries.
- Launch farm stands, a mobile market, and a year-round farmers/artisanal market
The MBFN is a collaboration of food-relief entities who have selected the Martindale-Brightwood area as a location of intensified health promotion and economic development efforts. The network consists of the following:
- 4 existing urban gardens
- 2 existing social enterprises:
A restaurant and a grocery store
- A local hospital
- A planned 2-acre farm (Henry Blair Farm) which will encompass in-ground and above-ground growing areas.